Friday, June 13, 2008

The Most Tragic Story You've Ever Heard

I have been working like a dog - that is if a dog got paid to sit and read a book all day. I've been on summer vacation now for a week, and I've hardly even gotten to sleep late!! It's sad, isn't it? I know that you really, really pity me and you should. I can't even remember when Judge Judy comes on. Depressing.

You see, I'm working so hard to pay off my debt, I've hardly time to do anything else. And whilst my summer lifeguarding job includes a lot of sitting, working on my tan, wearing next to nothing all day, and occasionally reading a book, I still have to go. That's the sad part. Maybe I'll feel differently when I get my first paycheck, but probably not.

So, just remember, while your working at your office desk in the air conditioning, I'm probably sitting out in the sun, by the pool, in my bathing suit, quite possibly reading a book...oh...and getting paid to do it.

Don't be ashamed to drop a tear.

1 comment:

Fork said...

Wow. Sounds kind of like what I do for a living. Only not by a pool. Or with a bathing suit. Or anything, for that matter.