Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Why So Much Food Miss Queen??

Today I ran into a couple of my 4th grade students in the grocery store. They saw me and came running up to me: "Miss Queen!! Miss Queen!! What are you doing?!"

How sweet. I love it when I see students outside of school. I was standing in line waiting to buy my groceries. Keep in mind that I haven't been to the grocery store in a month, so my basket was FULL. The boys ran off to catch up with their dad and I continued to stand in line. Apparently, I was in a slow line, because I was almost up to the moving belt, the boys hollered at me again. They were in the next line over.

"Hey, Miss Queen, are all those groceries for YOU?!!!"

"Yes, they are. Do you think it's a lot?"

"Yeah. That's a lot of groceries! They're really just for you?!"

"Yep."

"Are you sure you don't have a baby or sumthin?!"

Needless to say, I laughed and blushed, because it was both a funny thing to say and struck a tiny nerve with me, since I am the fattest memeber of my family and I do eat a lot.

"Miss Queen, why is your face turning so red??!!"

*sigh* It's hard to catch a break. I must have been heavily affected by their comments, because not two hours later, I went and bought a pair of jeans that are a size too small. I figured they would give me something to aspire to. Or stuff myself into. We shall see, won't we?!

I'm going to try not to eat all my groceries in one night, but it's hard to predict the future. I've already had 1/3 of a pizza.

Just pray I don't eat so much my stomach explodes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Queenie!!

Fork said...

This is the best post ever. How come you didn't tell people you were writing again? I expected something. Carrier pigeon. Anything.

Queen, III said...

Turns out carrier pigeons are a lot more expensive than you'd think.

Queen, III said...

Thanks, xannas!!!

Andrea said...

Can't slip nothing by a kid. brats! ;-p