Tuesday, March 06, 2007

exit SOAPM

*sigh* Well, I've learned my lesson with SOAPM. It's sad and just a little bit tragic, but you know, honestly, I was left without a choice. What is so astonishing to me is that someone as desperately nerdy as he would have to audacity to treat me ill in any manner. Oh, it's true that he certainly never beat me nor was he a drug dealer or a pimp, but he was irritating and sometimes a little bit of a liar. I kept telling myself, "But Queen, he's supposed to be a good guy. Maybe you're just overreacting." And, honestly, I overreact so much that if in fact I was overreacting, it would come as no surprise. However, I have spent almost 5 long months analyzing the situation, and I've come to the conclusion, that I'm really, truly not overreacting.

I know! I'm just as surprised as anybody!

Last Sunday, SOAPM was supposed to come over. He didn't show up and didn't call until it was clearly too late for him to show up. When he finally did call, I said, "You know you were supposed to come over, right? But nevermind. Please DON'T. click."

Monday, after thinking about it, I thought, you know, maybe I was overreacting and he really did forget. So, I made nice.

Thursday comes around and we have a date planned. He wants to take me to the driving range (romantic, no?) for our date and then to dinner or whatever. It's raining, so he gets the bright idea to take me to a bowling alley.

I. Don't. Do. Bowling alleys. EVER.

So, we go to the museum instead.

He tells me as he's leaving, "I'll come by tomorrow after school."

After school comes around and he doesn't show up. When he calls me he acts as if he never made a date with me.

Now, I may be a lot of things, but retarded isn't one of them. So, SOAPM, just don't. I'm done. Whatever kind of silly little games your playing, I'm finished. I gave it that ol' college try and it just didn't work out.

And it doesn't help that SOAPM lives with his parents (and apparently likes it), goes to crazy speaking-in-tongues church, has horrible phone etiquette, has questionable personal hygiene, and is excruciatingly boring most of the time.

Here's a clip from a recent conversation:

"So, my dad's cousin on his mom's side - she works from 6:45 - 7:00 in the morning - she slept in her car last night and she came to church and then after church, she came by the house and we talked for a little while, so that was cool."

"uh. huh."

"Yeah, and so she is, like, pretty cool, and she's my dad's cousin actually, and well, she used to be a pastor, I think in, like, Chicago or something and so we talked today just about stuff..."

People, I'm am so, so serious. And this is how most of our conversations go!!! I'm not sure how I tolerated it this long. I'm not sure how SOAPM even survived this long!

So, as much as it fills me with glee to say it, you forced me to it: So long, SOAPM, it wasn't even that fun while it lasted.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Somehow, I saw this one coming. And based on your description of his recent behavior and your boredom, I think you made the right decision.

So the only man who could ever reach wasn't the SOAPM. No biggie. As my grandmother used to say, "Never chase a man or a train. There's always another one coming!"

Anonymous said...

Saw this coming too, just...I was expecting horrible revenge of some sort. Anyway...methinks you'll be lots happier without him Queen.

Anonymous said...

Queen,

Missed an incredibly gifted art director this weekend in Southern OK. Could have used your unmatched talents...again.

Princess J

Queen, III said...

starsine, your grandmother was very wise and very funny.

jack, you know, at first, I was like, "VENGANCE is mine!!", but then, I he just bored all the creativity out of me. And besides, he probably wouldn't even know that I had gotten revenge with that thick, thick head of his, so what would be the point, really???

And jennifer! I missed you guys, too, but I teleprompted in and helped Chris out a little, but it just wasn't the same...*sigh*

Fork said...

Well, at least you didn't SLEEP with him!