Tuesday, July 17, 2007

What I've Been Up To...No Exaggerations

According to Forky, all 3 of my faithful readers are worried because I've been so tardy in updating my blog. Thanks for worrying, by the way. It makes me feel loved.

But, seriously, what have I been up to?? And that's a good question. I'd be lying if I said I've been filling my summer vacation days with productive, healthy activity. I mean, this week I've done much better so far, but last week....

Last week was...well, to put it lightly, indulgent.

Monday night a friend came over and we decided it would be a good idea to drink some alcohol. I'm sure most of you can relate to this, because oft times, when you're sober, alcohol does seem like a good idea. *sigh*

Betwixt the two of us, 2 bottles of wine were consumed, plus 4 shots of Vodka, 1 beer, and a Whiskey Sour. I won't say who drank what, but I will say that in all of my relationships, be it a friendship or more, I believe in equality.

Suffice it to say, that I was completely out of control. I loudly explained to my friend in the bar (and trust me...EVERYONE heard) that my college shenanigans were nothing like prostitution, because I gave it away for free. Classy. THEN, on the walk back to my apartment, I reminisced about my childhood days when I was such a good tree climber. To prove my point, I climbed a tree. In downtown Everycity. Across the street from one of the fanciest hotels in town. And because of my drunken state, while the climb up was indeed fairly graceful, the climb down gave me a nasty cut on my foot and a pretty big bruise on my arm. Incidentally, I didn't even know I was bleeding until we got back to my apartment and I looked at my foot. (Dear Reader, please make a mental note here: do not climb trees whilst drunk.)

I spent ALL Tuesday recovering. So sickly was I, that for most of the day, I did not even feel like eating! (I KNOW.)

Wednesday, I had to go visit my man in jail and go to my metal sculpting class. (By the way, I'm a bad-ass at welding. Just like in Flashdance..."she's a maniac, maniac"...but for me they'd change the lyrics from "on the floor" to "in real life.")

Thursday was another day full of shameless indulgence. All I had been wanting for the past umpteen thousand days was some freakin' cheese fries. So, some friends and I went to this local burger joint that is absolutely known for their cheese fries. I ordered cheese fries almost as soon as we sat down. The waitress came back and asked us what we wanted for our meals. I told her the cheese fries were my meal. She looked at me like I was crazy. Clearly, she was a wise old sage because, as it turns out, I am crazy. It took me ALL of Friday to recover from the cheese fries binge. Let's just say, the first few hours of the day were so bad, they were quite literally painful. PAINFUL.

This week has been much better, howev. No more cheese fries or whole bottles of wine for me, no sir! It's time to look for new ways to be indulgent!

I'll let you guys know what I come up with.

9 comments:

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

Jail?! I have obviously missed something here.

I thought of you as I was playing with sparklers on the 4th. Remember that time you dropped a lit sparkler in a tree in the middle of a drought? That was classic Queen 3 shenanigans right there!

Anonymous said...

Wow...indulgent! Ah, to be footloose and fancy-free! Speaking of footloose, I hope your foot doesn't fall off from that fun tree-climbing experience.

Anonymous said...

There are more than three of us. You are really getting too much into "my man in jail"! It scares me enough to think that you actually might, well, kind of--like it.

Cup said...

I need a week like that ...

Queen, III said...

a-dub! That was a classic Queen 3 shenanigan!! I have pictures of that, by the way...maybe I should post them...

xannas - my foot has healed nicely and so has my arm. Thanks for your concern!!

jennifer - I won't say that I LIKE it, but it does have some advantages...I'll try to list them in a later post.

and, Beth - you should take a week off and do exactly what I did, and then let me know how it goes. And yes, you have to climb a tree.

Tracy said...

I loved climbing trees when I was little. I climbed one recently when I was visiting my Dad out in the country. There is something so contemplative about sitting up in a tree and looking down on the earth. Although, it sounds like your tree-climbing adventure the other night was more on the crazy side. Glad the foot and the arm are healed up.

Cup said...

I'm taking off a week in mid-August, and I've already picked out my tree.

Moderator said...

Welcome back!

Queen, III said...

Me, too, Starshine!

And, Beth, I'll be waiting with baited breath to hear how it goes!

Thanks, Grant Miller. I feel so loved. Really.