Saturday, September 29, 2007

If It Were Fiction, I'd Have a Book Deal

There comes a time in every girl's life (in my case, hundreds of times) where she does something that she's not particularly proud of. I won't be time-specific here, because, well, I don't want any documentation...nor do I want anyone to be able to create a time-line of my shenanigans. We'll just say it was long ago and far away...fair enough? Great. Let's continue.

Soooooooooo, there are many, many times in my life when I do things that don't bring me a great sense of pride. For instance, there was a time, either recently or a long time ago, I was mad at someone(s) I was dating. To relieve myself of the frustration, I decided to out with some friends. We went to a bar where the men outnumbered the women at least 5 to 1. I began to drink alcohol...and ...

all hell broke loose.

I was the wildest woman ever in the history of all time. Drinking and dancing and dancing and drinking. Nothing could stop me!!! I was Queen of the night!! I suspect that there were many who thought that quite possibly I was a "lady" of the night as well.

Anywhoodle, there was lots of drinking and dancing and all manner of things! What fun! Caution to the wind and all that! Who needs a man?? ! I don't! No!! (Why have just one when there are soooo many??!)

I gave my number away at least twice and danced like there was no tomorrow. I nearly broke my toe during a slight stumble because of my heightened klutziness. I ripped the leather on the heel of my favorite stilettos.

And naturally, the next morning, I woke up with a magnificent headache and a fantastic sense of confusion. Because, upon reflecting, I was almost positive that at one point I was upside-down.

But, how was I upside-down??? And why?? In my memory, which by the way was fuzzy, I could see a man in a green shirt. We were dancing, and then suddenly, I was upside down!! My fuzzy memory would then fast-forward to the same green shirt handing me a phone and my fingers punching my phone number into it.

Interesting.

As the days stretched on, I became increasingly obsessed with the status of my upside-downness. There had been two unfamiliar numbers that had appeared on my phone several times. Like any reasonable girl, I ignored them, because...I mean...a guy from the bar?? Really?? That's gross. But, I couldn't let it go! I had to know: was I really upside-down?? I had to know.

I called the first number. It was awkward. Mostly because I didn't know his name, and also because I had to act like I wanted to talk to him and not just ask: "Hey, um....was I upside-down whilst dancing with you??" A hard question to ask indeed.

Long story longer... it wasn't him. *sigh* That means I had to call the other guy. Distasteful.

I decided a text message would be the easiest way to begin the conversation. Unfortunately, the other guy was quite the eager beaver. He wanted to come see me. *sigh* He did. It was gross. He stuck his tongue down my throat after I asked him not to. He had over a gallon of cologne on. He thought he was really hot and that he could woo me with very little effort. He was a fool.

However, and this is the good news, I found at that I WAS upside-down after all!!!! Turns out there's a dance move that is not unlike one of those fancy swing-dance moves, but that you can do to songs by Kanye West and Mystikal!! No fancy dance steps required! I got him to demonstrate between attempts at getting his hands up my shirt.

The bottom line is this: I solved the mystery. Now, yes, I did have to have more than one uncomfortable conversation with guys I would never go out with in a million-kajillion years, and, yes, I did have to suffer a creepy guy who had no idea he was a horrible kisser, but I solved the mystery!!!

And we all know that I've made out for less. At least this time I had an objective. I think the government should really consider using me as one of those really hot, sexy spies that slip important communists mickeys and then take pictures of important documents with an exceptionally tiny camera. I would be awesome. And at least I'd be serving my country. Instead of, you know, serving....well, do we really want to analyze that??

No, we don't.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's the publisher?? I'd read it!

Queen, III said...

Lord, I wish!!! But, I'll let you know as soon as get a deal...and send you a book for free!!

Anonymous said...

Quite the night there.

But I have to say I still have a few questions about the whole affair.

Did you ever have any dealings with any of those fellows again?

Did your current man find out?

What lesser causes led you to make out?

Did any of the fellows say you looked fertile?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Queen, III said...

Dear Thomas of Starbucks Fame:
No, I never had any further dealings with ANY of the fellows again...because they were gross.

The status of my and my man's "togetherness" was ambiguous. It would be better to say that we were just "dating." However, if he had found out, there's something that tells me he might not care as much as I would have liked him to.

Off the top of my head, it is difficult to remember all of the less worthy reasons for which I have made out with someone. Alcohol, however, is usually a key factor.

And fortunately, NO ONE said I looked fertile. (Thank jebus.)

Anonymous said...

Queen III,

You are fabulous. Do you understand what a truly great catch you are? It just seems to me that you deserve so much more.

Anonymous said...

Queen III,
I have often wondered in my more pensive moments about when the Lord returns,and the grand census is taken of the human experience and all our tales are gathered into one great chronicle, how many
of those tales of life will begin with "Me and my buddies were drinking when..."?

It kind of makes you think, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

My Daddy once told me shooting and relationships have something in common. You tend to hit what you're aiming at. If ya wanna hit something else, turn your sights in a different direction.
Just some thoughts, on anonymous reader to another.

Queen, III said...

Anonymous,
Are you my mother??? While I do appreciate the very wise advice, I'm very aware of my fabulousness and all the many, many fantastic things I deserve. However, I do appreciate your concern.
Yours truly,
Queen, III

Queen, III said...

And TOSF,
That is a great question. Certainly the Lutherens, Catholics, and Presbyterians will have MANY stories that start out that way, but do you really think the Baptists will admit to drinking???!!

Anonymous said...

I think Baptists will kind of have to admit to drinking. You can't really lie in front of Jesus.

Queen, III said...

A valid point indeed.