Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Tragedy of Greek Proportions (but a lot less boring)

Presumably, anyway.

Listen, I don't have TV. I don't have any channels!!! All I can watch is DVDs and/or VHS tapes.

I'm serious.

*SIGH*********

This is just the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with in all my life. I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR CABLE! I'm just too cheap. And I wouldn't even know where to begin to look for those metal things that you put on top of your TV that grab channels out of the air. I've been seriously contemplating heading out to the alleyway and trying to "give" myself some "complementary" cable. (The cable box is in the alleyway. I don't want to cause any confusion, because there are also crack heads and real-life prostitutes in the alleyway.) Anynoodle, I just want to die all the time.

What is life without TV, I ask you????? WHAT IS IT???!!!! A broken-winged bird that cannot fly. That's what it is. It's Oedipus, wandering in the forest with his eyeballs poked out. It's Thomas Hardy, alive and well, writing the sequel to Jude the Obscure.

I long and weep for TV every evening. And whilst I do indeed love Arrested Development with all my heart, how many times can I watch the DVDs before it gets sad and a bit depressing?? How many??!!

I think I will venture out into that alleyway! Wish me luck, blogosphere! Who knows, if I stay out there long enough, I may even make a few extra bucks!

Just kidding.

Maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I quoth "The Boss, "Fifty-seven channels and nothin's on."

Maybe one of those guys that just won't leave will pay the cable bill. Then again, he probably will want control of the remote.

Queen, III said...

Thank you. He probably will want control of the remote!! But, still...having the option to complain about nothing being on the 50 channels that you HAVE would be nice.