Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Phoning It In

Today, I'm barely teaching. It's awesome! I can't believe I get paid to do this sometimes. Although, my afternoons are usually pretty hectic, thanks to all those little monsters who still need to be in diapers. I guess I shouldn't complain, though, because right now I'm blogging while my class is quietly working on a project I made up on the fly. I didn't come to school prepared today, not in the least, but you couldn't tell it from how "engaged" my students are.

"Engaged" is the new buzz word in education. We LOVE to use the word "engaged" now. Are your students engaged in this conversation, engaged in this lesson, engaged to you? Ha! Just kidding...but in some circumstances, it would be a valid question.

The only thing I have to worry about today is what the cafeteria is serving for lunch. I really hope it's nachos.

4 comments:

Just telling it like it is said...

You crack me up... I really miss you
shamie

Queen, III said...

Thanks, Shamie!!! If all I do is make you laugh, I shall die happily!

Andrea said...

Wow! Sounds like every teacher I know.

buy wow account said...

Great! love this post.