Friday, August 29, 2008

Mad, I tell you! Quite Mad!!

A few weeks ago, I had a great idea! My Man Out of Jail and I (who, by the way I have now been seeing for over a year (I KNOW!)) really wanted to taste the "Best Hamburger in America" as rated by somebody important. It just so happened that "Best Hamburger in America" was only about a 40 minute drive away. Man Out of Jail said, "Let's drive." And I said, "Wait! I have a great idea! Let's ride public transit!"

In Texas, those are famous last words.

"Best Hamburger in America" was pretty awesome....BUT... it took 4 hours to get it and then 3 more hours to get back home and about 2 of those hours were spent waiting for a bus/train in 100 degree heat. It was a disaster. And it was all my idea.

Needless to say, Man Out of Jail won't be listening to any of my "great" ideas anytime soon.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, that when we were getting off of the train, to then get on the bus that would take us to "Best Hamburger in America," I fell down the stairs, flat on my face and broke my flip-flop (and lost the last two ounces of my dignity). Do you have any idea how hard it is to walk in a broken flip-flop? It probably would have been easier to hop.

*sigh* I have good intentions, though. It's too bad the road to heaven isn't paved with them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Um. Remember the time you made me ride pulic transportation to the zoo? You didn't learn that time and your probably won't learn this time.

Queen, III said...

No! I will!! I'll learn!! I swear! No more public transportation, unless I'm completely and utterly ALONE!