Tuesday, May 08, 2007

High Society is Lame

Okay, guys. Maybe I've been too busy too notice, or maybe, because I'm a silly little small-town girl I was a little starstruck, but the truth is all this socialite, high-society crap is kind of lame-oid. The "theme" of the gala this year is, "Dance With the Stars." And, unfortunately, it was my idea to hire local professional ballroom dancers.

I just don't know what I was thinking! If there's anything more disgusting than having to hang around a bunch of unhappy, drunk, plastic, rich people, it's watching aforementioned attempt to dance...ballroom style...with what will probably be some well-meaning and slightly out-of-shape "professional" dancers. And it's all my fault. Thankfully, there's lots of free booze at this thing. Let's just all hope I can drink enough before the dancing starts.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I bet it's going to be awesome. I love watching ballroom dancers.

Anonymous said...

Get drunk and then dance with the ballroom dancers! Vengeance on your bad idea :p

Moderator said...

"a bunch of unhappy, drunk, plastic, rich people, it's watching aforementioned attempt to dance...ballroom style"

Sounds like a family reunion for me.