Thursday, May 03, 2007

It's That time of Year Again

Remember this fiasco last year?? Remember how I had to paint the mural for that gala and then my ex-boyfriend was a loser and left me high and dry and a-dub and her hubby had to bail me out and I was totally stressed and over-committed, etc., etc.?

Well, to rememdy that situation - the over-commiting, putting-myself-in-stressful-situations situation - I decided to commit to something else. (Makes sense doesn't it?) But, nothing ridiculous, or anything. I just decided that it might be a good idea to also direct a play with 15 3rd-5th graders who can't act. And this year, I'm not painting a mural for the gala, I'm just building some scenery in my apartment and donating three paintings for the silent auction. No biggie. I'm not even stressed out right now. It's probably all the hot yoga. Also, I'm not dealing with a f#ck-wit ex-boyfriend. That helps.

Anyway, for your entertainment I'm posting pictures of the ridiculousness:
Yes, that is the mural from last year in the background.

The scenery is taking up so much space, I have a 2.5 foot space on my couch on which I can watch my TV. Also, the boxes are too big to fit through my door. I'll have to take them apart to get them out. It's great. And before you say anything...I totally don't have a disorder. Really.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Queen, you rock and I bow.

And I bet not having loser ex bf around really is great!

Queen, III said...

You have no idea!!! Not having to cry all the time over a loser boyfriend really increases your productivity.

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

Wow. You do such creative, productive things to fill your time. I mainly just watch "Ugly Betty."

(Seriously, I have 3 already-watched episodes in the Tivo, and when I finish the wretched paper I'm working on right now, I'm going to reward myself by watching them again. I'm such a loser.)

Queen, III said...

Yeah, but you have mono!!! You get a free pass to watch as much TV as you want for at least 6 months.

Anonymous said...

f#ck-wit is both poor literature and poor grammar.

Queen, III said...

Why, thank you, anonymous, for that very enlightening comment! I feel so stupid. Really. Where did you go to school?? You are so smart. Way smarter than me. You've made me feel so foolish. However, it's too bad your superior intelligence won't make me halt my evil ways. I guess there's only so much that grammer-focused brain of yours can accomplish. *sigh* But, don't be discouraged. I'm sure there's someone somewhere that will be influenced by your excessive mental power. Sadly, that person is not me.