Thursday, April 13, 2006

I've made a huge mistake...

They're all I come in contact with lately.


Okay, so at the time, it seemed like a good idea. And really, what else was I suppossed to do?! I mean, I just broke up with what's-his-face and I was mopey. I needed something to boost my self-esteem. All I wanted was uninvolved, shallow dating experiences where I didn't have to pay for anything! Is that too much to ask?! That's all I wanted.

But what I intended as a meaningless, capricious jaunt has turned into something far worse.

You see, I'm enjoying my freedom right now. I don't want to be tied down to yet another hopelessly doomed relationship. I have had a boyfriend of some sort for about 4 years straight and I'm tired. Boyfriends are work. I don't want anymore work! I just want fun - good, old-fashioned, shallow FUN. I don't want commitment or meaning or feelings or marriage or any of that junk. I'm tired and I need a break. But, I do need free food and flattery. Thus, online dating. It seems the logical choice, doesn't it?!

However, it is apparently the truth universal, that when a girl doesn't want commitment, a guy will fall all over her in desperation, begging, pleading even, for her to be his wife. WTF?!!!! All I wanted was some fun in the sun! Now, I have to constantly deal with desperate men hoping that if they hold on just long enough, I'll come around and love them. Men don't get to do this!! That's what women do! Women are the ones who get to be clingy and desperate and I consider it one of my rights as a woman! If men start to get clingy and desperate, won't the world fall in on itself? Won't crazy things start to happen like in the twilight zone or something?!

My point is, I'm tired. Men, hear me clearly: I don't love you! I don't want to be in love with you! I don't want to be your girlfriend! No, you can't stay over! No, you can't sleep with me! NO! I don't want to marry you! And for the love of everything good and holy, STOP TEXT MESSAGING ME!!!! I detest text messages.

Too bad I pre-paid for three month of this mess. I've made a huge mistake.
Addendum: If this man were desperate for me, I'd at least allow him to text message me...and entertain thoughts of marrying me...but that's it! I swear!

4 comments:

Fork said...

HA HAAAAAA!

Anonymous said...

How could something as brilliant and non-creepy as internet dating go so horribly wrong? I don't understand!

Queen, III said...

I hate both of you.

Tracy said...

You are hilarious! Brilliant post. I guess when you're the hot stuff, men just can't help themselves! ;) Stay strong sister!