Monday, April 17, 2006

Oh, silly, silly, Queen III....


What the hell is my problem?! It turns out that the horribly tragic relationship I had in college--you all know the one--involving a certain young man who greatly resembled Matt Damon, is choosing to repeat itself in a milder, less-gay way. Oh, what am I to do? Am I so gullable that I take everything at face value, or do I know the truth and forge ahead trying to claim blissful ignorance?

Sadly, I fear it is the latter. Like Anne Frank (who, by the way I resemble when my eyebrows are not waxed), I tragically think the best of everyone and believe down to my pathetic little core that mankind is really good, despite the horrible things it does. Whatev. I'm an idiot.

My ex-boyfriend, the latest one, is a scoundrel, who is unfortunately headed down the same path as his loser, craptastic father. I only wish there was something I could do or say to stop him. But there is nothing. This all wouldn't be making me so disgruntled if he didn't have a 9 year-old daughter. I'm sick with the thought of her hopeless future if he doesn't get his ridiculous life in order. Just another child, born out of wedlock and into a web of deceit and irresponsiblility. Sigh.

And just like the tragic relationship that we all know a little too much about involving the Matt Damon look-alike, I really believed that deep down, he was a good person. Alas!!! I set myself up for failure and heartache...almost as if I'm looking for it....almost...as if...I WANT to be Tess of the D'Ubervilles!! Hmmm......I probably need to be psycho-analyzed.

In other news, my dog is still preposterously cute and I still haven't touched T.O. But, I move ever foward in hopes of all my dreams coming true! (Someday, T.O., someday.)

Still I say, there's a way for us...

8 comments:

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

Well, Ex-Guy didn't SEEM ike a scoundrel! He seemed like a great guy to me too! Now, T.O. on the other hand, is DEFINITELY a ne'er-do-well. Stay far, far away!

Anonymous said...

Men are all dirtbags. There's only one safe thing to do: convent.

Queen, III said...

Well, a-dub, it's good to know I wasn't the only one fooled. And, you're right...T.O. is no good, no good, no good. Too bad he looks so good! How come the really, really hot ones are never missionaries or the like? *sigh* I guess you can't have it all!

Fork said...

Get thee to a nunnery, Eponine!

There's a lesson to be learned in all this, Queenie:

I told you so.

The other lesson you can take away is, no matter how good of a guy you THINK you've got, he's probably just lying to you.

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

Uh, I'm not sure that would be such a healthy attitude to take either, JFo.

Queen, III said...

JFo - you know how mad it makes me when you say, "I told you so." It really does infuriate me...not so much because you DID tell me so, but becuase you seem to take such delight in watching my relationships fail. Statistically speaking, every relationship I enter into will probably fail - so "predicting" it's failure probably doesn't take a lot of wisdom. However, sometimes it is just as good or better to be kind and gracious as it is to be right and vocal. I never tell you that all your relationships are doomed...um...wait...hmmm...have you ever even HAD a relationship?

That being said...I already AM in a convent of sorts...I go to two different churches...and took a vow of celibacy!! Geez!! Isn't that enough?!

Fork said...

Wow. Talk about a buzz kill.

Queen, III said...

I know!! I hate it when you do that!