Thursday, July 27, 2006

All Holy Sacred Week

Every year, my family and my best friend's family rent a cabin together on the Frio River. It's tradition and it's so, so, so much fun! I stay in my bathing suit all day, and then get in my pj's at night and make s'mores. It's indulgent, it's chaotic, and wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. This year, there will be four dogs, two children, one infant, two sets of parents, two married couples, me and my grandfather. Talk about chaos!!! And this year, we're having about 5 less people!!! If you thought I was crazy, just wait till you meet my family! And they don't even drink!! (I don't even want to think about what would happen if they did.) My brother's not coming this year, which is too bad, because he's the most fun. He's in Montreal. Traitor.

This week is the all-holy sacred week of the year. You are allowed to miss Christmas and even Easter, but don't you dare think about missing the River, unless you have a damned good reason...and after this year, I don't think we'll be accepting, "I'm out of the country studying architechture" as an excuse anymore. I'll be completely incomunicado (that's probably not how you spell it) as we're in the middle of nowhere. If you want to find out more, just google it! Otherwise, when you think of me, just know that I'm here:
wishing you were all there, too. Adding to the chaos.

7 comments:

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

Everybody knows the Frio River itself is full of holiness. It's all those church camp baptisms.

Grizham said...

That's awesome. You all have tons of fun...or chaos..which ever sounds funner

Tracy said...

I have great childhood memories of a family vacation at the Frio River! Fun times!

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Automatic gate opener solar nostalgic oak cabinet end table can 5 htp cause learning problems Gmc dealers northwest ohio Flatbed truck rentals free english to latin translation Big bookcase rhinoplasty pasadena data recovery software Cartoon website layouts Isuzu marine engines Bathtub crayons Dental table clinic ideas Dornbrauct faucets merchant account provider off shore merchant accou devils lake chrysler center domain name http://www.thebestcellulitecreams.info/Water-filter.html Blood monitor pressure veterinary