Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Okay. That's it!

Giving in to the gentle indiffernce of the world.

I'm fed up. Just sick of it. So, finally, after months of being in complete denial, I'm embracing it: my spinsterhood. The universe is against me. So, much like The Stranger, I'm just going to give in to the gentle indifference of the world. There's nothing left to do.

This is how it works for me: either the guys I go out with are complete emotional fuckwits, or I'm completely and totally repulsed by them, OR (and this is the real clincher) they'll be hot on my trail, I won't be that interested, and then because of their persistence, I'll think, "Well, maybe so and so isn't such a bad guy. Sure, let's date!" and the vagina runs the other way. This sucks. So, I give up. I give in. To the gentle indifference of the world. It's great.

But, the good news is, that whilst I may never, never, never, never, never know the joys of companionship, I'll be able to do lots of things that a girl in a commited relationship might find a little difficult.

I'll be able to wake up early to go run miles upon miles to train for that marathon I keep saying I'm going to run without being tired because no one will be trying to make sweet love to me! I'll be able to rent whatever movie I want! I'll be able to have random make-out sessions with guys I don't even know and won't have to worry about my boyfriend finding out! I'll be able to lust freely after T.O. without anybody saying stupid things like, "You don't even know T.O." or "T.O. has a girlfriend."! I'll be able to lie around in my underwear all day without anyone judging me! I'll be able to focus wholeheartedly on my career!

This is going to be great! Go me! I love spinsterhood! And let me just say thank you to all the emotional fuckwits, vaginas and repulsive idiots who got me to this place: without you, I'd be happy, contenteded, and completely unmotivated. Angry, bitchy, and driven is SO much better.

10 comments:

The Cliff said...

"I'll be able to have random make-out sessions with guys I don't even know and won't have to worry about my boyfriend finding out!"

Can i be one of those guys when i get back??

Just so you know Giving in isn't such a bad thing, I gave in to Bachelor hood long ago and have lived a full life ever since...of course there is the occasional blip but then i'm back on track for a good long time!! Join the party the guilt free life is as nice as one of those Cheesecakes our fat friend Forky likes to eat to ruin his abs.

Queen, III said...

Mmmm....cheesecake...guilt free...it sounds like heaven!!!!

Fork said...

I don't even know what to say to this post except...

This is what pets are for. As Miss Flannery told Millie, "Forget the boys. Get yourself a canary, Dillmount!"

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Queen, III said...

Thanks, anonymous!!! ;)

Sarah said...

I love your blog!!! Why didn't I come across this sooner?! It's like reading about myself in the back and forth motion between whining about not having a man and being bitchy, driven, and happily single ever after.

In my case, after I'm through with the emotional fuckwits, the repulsive, and the persistent, then I end up dating one of my guy friends, which is always awkward and I usually end up losing a friend. After that, there's nothing left but the random make-out dude.

Three cheers to spinsterhood!

Queen, III said...

Sarah - HIP HIP HURRAH!!! Go us!

Queen, III said...

Wait, anonymous...you're splog!

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»