Monday, February 12, 2007

What I Get for Thinking

I was thinking yesterday and I decided that I'm fabulous. Not just a little fabulous or kind of fabulous, but really, REALLY fabulous. While musing, I was reminded of one of those stupid questions you hear on a talk show: "Would you date yourself?" There was a time when I would have said no. But that was long ago. When I thought of the question this time, I thought, "Heck yes I would!" Then, I really started to think about it....man! I'm awesome! I'm fun, funny, clever, hott, talented, self-sufficient, entertaining...the list just goes on and on. I would LOVE to date me! In fact, maybe I should date me. Maybe I should just cleanse myself of all inferior dating attachments and have a man-fast until I find one worthy of my attention. One who is equally as wonderful as ME.

I'm sure you're all able to discern where this is heading.

A malaise began to set in. I started to feel extremely dissatisfied and frustrated. I began to analyze my dating relationship with SOAPM. Was it worth it? The whole living-with-the-parents thing is pretty irritating and I don't think that he's getting me anything for Valentine's Day...is it worth it? Is it? Crap.

This is what I get for thinking.

So, I let those feelings of dissatisfaction fester all day. Then, I ended the day by having another stern "talking-to" with SOAPM. The result was not happy. Way to go, Queen.

In addition to being fabulous, I'm also destructive. I think I've established my spinsterhood well enough. Congratulations to me.

No comments: