Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ada


Where have I been? Ada, Oklahoma. And the guy who said that Oklahoma is OK! was exactly right. It's OK. just ok. nothing really more than ok. just ok.

Why did I go? I'm working on a film project for the Chickasaw Indians. How did I fall into this project? Let's just say acting a bit like Belle Poitrine wasn't completely unproductive. That's all I'm going to say.

No it isn't. Let me take this moment to say what a complete waste of time meetings are. I had to go to about 3 or 4 meetings whilst in Ada, and they were all worthless. We didn't decide anything, but sure did waste a lot of time. It was awesome. But, I guess I shouldn't complain because I didn't have anything else to do.



Here's something you should know about Ada, Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plain: there are no sidewalks or crosswalk signs. Apparently it's against the law to walk around town. I almost got arrested for solicitation. Imagine that.

5 comments:

Paul M. Sark said...

Sorry to hear about the sidewalk solicitation mix-up in OK.

But as Americans engaged in a global war on terror, gay marriage, and immigrants, I'm sure you can understand the need for America's enforcement arm to keep us safe, strong, sober and straight!

Moderator said...

I'm a little disappointed. I'd hoped you would continue to sit around and do nothing for the remainder of the summer. It was inspiring.

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

When I was a kid, our family went on a road trip through the southwest and our car broke down in Ada, Oklahoma. Or maybe Enid, Oklahoma--one of those old lady names. The only good thing about Oklahoma is that it gives Texas something to hold onto. That and the musical--I don't care what anybody says, I like it.

Tracy said...

Have you ever seen the musical "Little Me"? It is the story of the young Belle Schlumpfert who rose out of the ashes from her life on the wrong side of the tracks. I think she ends up morphing into Belle Poitrine--your alter ego, I presume?

Queen, III said...

Yes! It apparently is my alter ego.

Paul M. Sark - It's good to know, however, that Bush isn't cracking down on solicitation, or I'd be out of a job!!

Grant Miller - if I promise to do nothing for at least 2 days a week, will you continue to be at least a little inspired?

A-dub - I'm really glad I wasn't on that road trip!