Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Television is Rotting My Brain



It's happening. I can feel my brain turning to mush. I watch so much TV, you'd think I'd have cable, but I don't. I've figured out a way to watch TV practically ALL day and be competely interested without forking over any money for cable. It's my way of stickin' it to the man since he took away my bootleg.

The flip-side of watching re-runs for a goodly portion of the day is theat it turns your brain into complete crap. It's difficult for me to just write an email!

All I would have to do is turn off the TV, but it is so, so hard! Maybe tomorrow I can just turn...it...off....

I may be about to go into a TV-induced coma. Save Queeniii! (from herself)

9 comments:

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

Television is rotting my brain, too. But you know what's rotting it even more? The frigging internet. My vocabulary has dwindled to practically kindergarten level recently. I'm not quite ready to go cold-turkey (how would I survive the workday???), but when we move, I'm going to try to cut back big-time. I can't have it making me all stupid when I'm in grad school!

Fork said...

Umm...read a book?

Tracy said...

I once had a roommate who watched so many episodes of FRIENDS that she would talk to the characters as if she knew them. One day, she was watching and I heard her say to the screen, "Joey!" (as if to say, "You're so silly!".

Anonymous said...

Drunkenness and brain-melting??? What happened to your ambitious not-wasted summer???

Moderator said...

Could you summarize your post? There were too many words. Too much "reading."

Fork said...

You should take the Brain Age test. I'll administer it the next time you come over. Then we'll see how truly rotten your noodle has become.

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

I just accidentally drove by your apartment when I got lost downtown (wonder of wonders!). Also, before I had to go downtown, I had to go to Junior League headquarters to drop something off. So it was like "brushes with Q3" day!

Tracy said...

Qiii, are you still alive?

Stop watching tv and write something to entertain us in our cubicles! ;)

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

Queenie, where are you??? You have been gone so long!