Thursday, October 26, 2006

What a Wonderful World


I've been watching lawyer shows since I was a small, small child. It all started with Matlock and Perry Mason, and has since grown into an obsession.

All these lawyer shows have something in common: the lawyers are very, very clever.

In real life, most lawyers aren't very clever at all, have crappy senses of humer, and live dull, glamourless lives. But aren't the TV shows so wonderful? Boston Legal, and Shark, Law and Order, Law and Order: SVI.

I'd be a good lawyer. But my LSAT score was mediocre at best. There wasn't a section on flamboyancy, cleverness, attractivness, lawyer-fashion or stage prescence! The test was clearly biased!

God bless the lawyer TV shows that keep the lawyer lies alive! They're certainly a lot better than married men.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are soooo right. Lawyer shows are so much fun to watch. I love Boston Legal...it's so good sometimes (I almost pee my pants) I like it better than Pirates of Penzance.

Tracy said...

I love Ally McBeal! I wish that show was still on the air.

I have thought at various times that I'd be a great litigator, delivering well-written closing arguments and making jurors cry. Oh, and I'd wear sharp suits with gorgeous footwear. Then I realized that would be acting, so I guess I picked the right career after all.

Let's co-star on our own lawyer show! We could call it "Legally Fabulous!" ;)

Anonymous said...

Why ARE those law shows so interesting? I am really interested in the L & O series as well.

I am also interested in crime drama...CSI: Miami, CSI regular. Why can I not watch?

Queen, III said...

Tracy,
I would SO be in a show called "Legally Fabulous"!!!! Wow! It would be fabulous.