Monday, October 30, 2006

Green Puke

So, Monday, a child in my classroom managed to eat and entire green crayon without me noticing. He then proceeded to throw up said crayon so quietly, I again did not notice. Eduardo had to come point it out to me.

Now, this incident raises many questions. The most begging is, how do you manage to chew up an entire crayon AND swallow it?? Miraculous.

Judging from his puke, he definitely chewed up the whole crayon. I guess wax doesn't always agree with the human digestive tract.

So, for future reference, the next time you are coloring in your coloring book and you start to look at those sweet, juicy crayons and think they might taste like candy, remember this story and think twice. Because throwing up a crayon has to be at least twice as miserable as swallowing it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this post is right up my alley.
Isaac loves crayons and green happens to be his all time favorite at the moment. I do have to say that I haven't seen the puke...
I guess I'll stop there!

Tracy said...

Blech. I'll remember that! ;)

Fork said...

I'm imagining this scene of shame...some poor Mexican kid takes a nibble of a crayon just to see what it tastes like, then realizes what he's done and, filled with guilt, eats the rest of his Crayola.

Fortunately, this story has never happened to m during "temp work", but I'm sure it happens in art circles all the time. It's the art world's dirty little secret.

It's a mixed-up world out there, folks.

Anonymous said...

HMMMMM....maybe you should try to feed a green crayon to some of your blog's recent guest stars....

Queen, III said...

Maybe I could crunch it up and slip it in to their Earl Grey?? I think I read an Agatha Cristie with that very same plot...ummm...but with glass instead of green crayola.

Anonymous said...

Crayon puke boy still sounds better than the boys you're dating these days! But don't go getting andy Deborah LaFave ideas or anything...

Moderator said...

Sounds delicious

Anonymous said...

Yeah, okay. . .I'm pretty sure crayon wax is similar to carnuba wax. And you eat POUNDS of that every Easter (peeps' eyes). We can't digest carnuba wax, so we just poop it out. I bet that's what the kid would have done if he had any kind of dedication at all. Vomiters are losers! He totally could have passed it! And think about how cool THAT would have been.

Amy

Anonymous said...

Quite possibly the most grim thing I have ever read. Love this blog!

Queen, III said...

Amy,
I'm in love with you. Can you imagine how suprising it would have been to look in the toilette and see poo as green as crayola?? Or what if you ate a blue crayon and a red crayon? Purple poo!!!! What fun!!!

Queen, III said...

Jack,
thanks! I love you, too.
-Queen