Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Winter Blues

It's so freakin' cold here, I kind of want to die. One of the main reasons I still live in Texas is we have Winters that are scoffed at by our Northern neighbors. When I was a wee lassie in South Texas, we didn't even have a winter! It'd get cold once or twice during the Winter months, but the rest of the time, it'd be about 60 degrees. So this North Texas weather is tough for me, but generally it's not too bad. But this Winter....this Winter...has been horrible. It started in November, and while it occasionally lets up, most of the time it's just horrid. And if anyone thinks I'm exaggerating, well...screw you!! Because, the thing of it is, I'm wallowing in self-pity and right now, I don't want to see the bright side, so don't point it out. Thanks.

Anywho - I just can't stand it. I think maybe I'll look into moving to Jamaica. This weather even depresses Taraji. All we want to do is lie around in our PJs and hope the cold, dark winter passes before too long.

In other news, SOAPM and I have booked OUR plane tickets for OUR spring break vacation...TOGETHER. Scary? A little. But, in the words of Bridget Jones, "This can't be just shagging. A mini-break means true love."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where will you be going for Spring Break?

Anonymous said...

You don't know winter blues, queenie, until you've had Ice Storm 2007 McAlester no-heat, no-electricity winter blues. Then you & Taraji can come discuss!

Queen, III said...

We're going to NYC! So, we'll get to see Forky!! And, by the way, congrats on your engagement, Starshine!

Queen, III said...

You have a valid point, Jennifer. In your case, I would have actually packed up my stuff and moved to the Virgin Islands!!

Anonymous said...

Will your baby ball of fur be joining you on your love romp in NYC?

Anonymous said...

Have fun in NYC and go see a show for me!!!

Anonymous said...

You should have a baby so you can have a bundle of love to bring to NYC with you!

Anonymous said...

Great work.