Friday, November 11, 2005

How am I going to survive?


Sooooo...Arrested Development is cancelled. My all-time favorite show of all time is cancelled. After learning of this gut-wrenching tragedy, I said "I wish I had a lot of money and owned a TV network, because I'd buy the show." Then I went and called others I knew also loved the show to break the news. My BFF said the same thing I did. If only I had millions of dollars...

I'm beside myself. This is worse than having no money. This is worse than migraines - even though I've only had one. I feel so, so lost and cold and alone. What will we do without Arrested Development? They've become my imaginary friends and family!

So do any of you have any suggestions? Should I throw my body into the puddle of mud called the Trinity? Should I become an advocate for intelligent television, dedicating my entire life to the cause of brilliant sit-com writing? Please tell me, I'm waning quickly.

3 comments:

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

But... there's no need to panic yet, right? They haven't announced it, and they've cut back the order in the previous two seasons as well. Granted, not this severely...

Well, I'm taking this with resignation anyway. All I ever asked for was a third season. Three seasons is a pretty good amount for such a creative show, because then it's ending at its peak, and doesn't have time to run out of steam or lose its integrity. It can be like the James Dean of situation comedy. RIP.

Queen, III said...

Good point, a-dub. I could be over-reacting...imagine that! You're right, though, better to go out on top, then to just fizzle and get stale. I think I'll be okay, but will probably need to drink a little.

Fork said...

Now with 20% more migrain!