Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The race so far


Unlike yesterday's election, this race will be a whole lot simpler! (Thank Ba'al.) Anyway - here's where we stand - so far:

"You've Got a Friend" - 4
"Take it Easy" - 4
"Don't Stop Believin'" - 7
"Superstar" - 4
"I Would Do Anything for Love" - 3
"More than Words" - 5
"Walking in Memphis" - 4
"Sweet Caroline" - 6
"Nightshift" - 8

So, our marginal soft-rock hit is in the lead. A-dub, you're right, it is marginal, but in the spirit of Thanksgiving-hatred and Affirmative Action, we have to include it...if for nothing more than to make a statement...of some kind. Also, whatever is played on the soft-rock hits station can be considered soft-rock, so for whatever reason, the radio stations say that some R&B is soft rock. I'm not sure about the critera for soft-rock, and I'm not sure that our darker friends appreciate that - but I'm going to embrace it. Much like I embrace my interracial relationship.

Keep on voting!!!! It's your American duty!

3 comments:

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

We have obliterated all genre lines here. But Queen's right. Why do all the songs have to be pigeonholed into categories? Can't they all just get along?!

Fork said...

What's the song I'm thinking of about the guy who likes the girl and he sings to her how much he likes her? Oh...it's on the tip of my tongue.

Queen, III said...

The time for nominations are over, FORKY!!