Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Our quest for the greatest soft rock hit continues!

Soft rock can really get you "in the mood".

Due to the overwhelming response (I knew I wasn't the only one), I've decided to put a little more order in this process. I'm closing the opportunity to nominate at midnight tonight, then we'll work with what we've got, casting as many votes as you want for whatever song you want. We'll take a final tally on Friday!! Yea!!! Soon we'll know for sure! It brings me such peace of mind. Here are the results so far:

"More Than Words" (Extereme) - 1
"You've Got a Friend" (James Taylor) - 1
"Homeward Bound" (Simon and Gar.) - 1
"Take it Easy" (Eagles) - 1
"Sweet Caroline" (Neil Diamond) - 1
"Don't Stop Believin'"(Journey) - 1
"Fire and Rain" (James Taylor) - 1
"Superstar" (Carpenters) - 1
"All Out of Love" (Air Supply) - 1
" I Would Do Anything for Love" (Meatloaf) - 2


"Mrs. Robinson" (Simon and Gar.) - 1
"Nightshift" (Commodores) - 1
"Have a Little Faith in Me" (Joe Cocker) - 1
"Walking in Memphis" (Mark Cohn) - 1
"Turn Around" (Bonnie Tyler) - 1

Mark Cohn, ladies and gentlemen. Who knew he was so...umm...handsome...


6 comments:

Fork said...

Dang...umm...

I vote for every other one once and every sixth one three times.

Does that count? I'm sorry, I don't know anything about "Pop" music.

No--I cast my vote for 'the Maple Leaf Rag'. Seriously. That's my nominee

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

Did you know Marc Cohn survived being shot in the head earlier this year during a carjacking?

Also, he's married to that pretty Elizabeth Vargas.

The Cliff said...

(as a stadium chant) MEATLOAF, MEATLOAF, MEATLOAF, MEATLOAF, MEATLOAF.......

(then you see 8 fat guys with these letters painted on their stomachs M-E-A-T-L-O-A-F)

Queen, III said...

John, "The Maple Leaf Rag" is not soft rock. So sorry.
Well, guys, we'll go with what we have.
Boscoe is that 1 or 5 votes for Meatloaf?

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

I vote for "More than Words" four times, "Sweet Caroline" five times, and "Nightshift" once even though I'm not convinced it isn't R&B.

I vote against Meatloaf three times.

Queen, III said...

Well, muscleman, you should really stick to the nominees. We'll have a hip-hop contest in the near future, but as far as I know, 2Pac never actually recorded any soft rock. So sorry. In short, stick to the nominations!