Tuesday, November 29, 2005

In Response to my Childish Behavior


So, many of my fans (all two of them) have been wondering where I've gone. So, here it is, the bold, naked truth: I got fired. Well, kind of. The real truth is I got laid-off, but since those words were never used in my firing meeting, I won't misrepresent what went down. You ask, "So what was it that finally got you fired? Your two hour lunches, your lack of work, your negative attitude?" No! It was none of those! The reason I was given for my employers letting me go was that "we're not on the same wavelength." Bizarre. I felt like I was being dumped. But in true Queen fashion, I wasn't gonna go down without out a fight. I brought up the fact that the work I WAS given - I did efficiently. I also reminded them of how I asked for work nearly everyday and let EVERYONE know of my light work load - and nothing was done. "Oh, well, you know, the insurance comanies have been really selective with the work that they give out." Whatev. What's really happening is they're about to go out of business and I'm low man on the totem pole, so I get booted first. But, you see, no one will admit that at an evil law firm.
The good news is that I have a new job and teaching elementary art! Score! What fun! I start in January. In the meantime, though, I have to work a craptasitc retail job - it's better than waiting tables.
I'll try to keep my blog updated because I love you all, so, so, so a lot...all two of you.

8 comments:

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

Way to tell 'em. And elementary art... I'm so jealous. I have to put up with this soul-crushing for at least six or seven more months, I think. Unless I get an Unemployment Vacation like you! Enjoy!

The Cliff said...

I missed your Mad Musings queen, even though we've never met because I have to bail on the KING KONG party. Good to see you back. Don't let the retail monster eat you up. You have kiddos to finger paint with...

Fork said...

I know! Elementary ART? That's like, the best job EVER!

Anonymous said...

What are your qualifications to teach elementary art? Inquiring minds want to know!

Fork said...

In this modern age of "paint what you feel" you could dump some of that new colored ketchup on a piece of paper and people would pay out the nose to see it. Why SHOULDN'T she be teaching Elementary Art?

By the way, Queen III, a couple of things: J'accuse! I bet you only wrote this post so you could say "naked" in the opening paragraph. And another thing, there's nothing craptastic about being a shopgirl at a place like Primrose Panties. You showed me that new seamless bra you bought with your 75% discount and I thought it was really comfy.

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

Alas, they haven't been making the colored ketchup for a while now. For a long time, the only way we could get my nephew to eat any kind of meat was to put blue ketchup on it... truly disgusting, since it colored his lips (and everything else it touched, like his fingers) blue for several hours. Then they discontinued it. The only place it could be found was Everycity Target, so I went there and stocked up on all the blue ketchup I could get my hands on. Ew. Luckily, he outgrew that phase.

Queen, III said...

thecachinnator - in DISD you have to be certified to teach elementary art. To do that, you have to have to have a bachelor's degree and then you have to go through an alternative certification process, like through the Region or the like. You get certified in whatever your major was, then once you're certified, you can obtain other certifications by testing. That's what I'm doing!
Everyone else - I'm so, so sorry I haven't been, you know, more attentive. I hate feeling neglected! So, I understand any animosity. Anyway, onward and upward, I'll have more mad musings soon, soon, soon!

Queen, III said...

thecachinnator - in DISD you have to be certified to teach elementary art. To do that, you have to have to have a bachelor's degree and then you have to go through an alternative certification process, like through the Region or the like. You get certified in whatever your major was, then once you're certified, you can obtain other certifications by testing. That's what I'm doing!
Everyone else - I'm so, so sorry I haven't been, you know, more attentive. I hate feeling neglected! So, I understand any animosity. Anyway, onward and upward, I'll have more mad musings soon, soon, soon!